Acceptable Use Policy
This is the acceptable use policy (“AUP”) of Tread Technologies Inc. and its affiliates (“Tread”, “us”, “we”, “our”, “ours” and words of similar meaning). Please direct any questions or comments regarding this AUP and complaints of violations of this AUP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Except where otherwise indicated, “you” and “your” means you and every person who uses the Services through your account.
When using our Services and any products, content, applications or services in conjunction with our Services, you must comply with all applicable laws, and our policies, rules and limits including this AUP. This AUP supplements and is incorporated into the Tread Terms of Subscription (the “Terms”). Unless otherwise defined in this AUP, defined terms have the meanings given to them in the Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND THIS AUP, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE SERVICES AND NOTIFY US THAT YOU ARE TERMINATING YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
Without limitation, you may not use (or allow anyone else to use) our Services to:
- interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Platform;
- use the Platform in any manner that violates any applicable industry standards, or operating policy, rule or guideline of the Services;
- directly or indirectly reverse engineer, attempt to derive the source code of, copy or reproduce all or any portion of the Tread Materials, whether electronically, mechanically, or otherwise, in any form including, but not limited to, copying presentation, look and feel, style, or organization;
- use the Tread Materials for the benefit of any third party except as specifically contemplated under the Agreement;
- store or use with the Service any data not related to the Purpose, including, without limitation, social security numbers, financial account numbers, health information, driver’s license, passport or visa number, credit card data or any special categories of personal data (“Prohibited Data”). In particular, Customer and its Authorized Users will not input any Prohibited Data into the Platform (other than credit card or other payment data inputted for payment for the Services);
- violate any applicable law;
- allow or facilitate in any manner the uploading or insertion into the Platform of any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, hoaxes, cancel bots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information entered into the Platform;
- share or otherwise permit third parties to use passwords or access credentials (such as passwords, API keys or other information required to access the Service) to the Platform, the Services and/or any dashboard related thereto;
- use, store, possess, post, upload, transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available content that is unlawful or violates the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others (as described in more detail below);
- participate in any illegal soliciting or gaming schemes;
- engage in activity in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing;
- attempt to use the Services in such a manner so as to avoid incurring charges for usage;
- participate in any fraudulent activities, including impersonating any person or entity or forging anyone else’s digital or manual signature;
- invade another person’s privacy, collect or store personal data about other users (unless they have given you permission to do so), or stalk or harass another person or entity;
- access any computer, software, data or any confidential, copyright-protected or patent-protected material of any other person, without the knowledge and consent of that person, or use any tools designed to facilitate access, such as “packet sniffers”;
- upload, post, publish, deface, modify, transmit, reproduce, distribute in any way or otherwise make available information, software or other material protected by copyright or other proprietary or contractual right (such as a non-disclosure agreement) or related derivative works, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder;
- use, reproduce, distribute, sell, resell or otherwise exploit the Services or content we provide or which you obtain through the Services for any commercial purposes;
- copy, distribute, sub-license or otherwise make available any software or content we provide or make available to you or which you obtain through the Services, except as authorized by us;
- generate or facilitate email, SMS, MMS, other text messages or push notifications or other electronic communications in violation of applicable law including anti-spam, telemarketing or telephone consumer protection laws or regulations;
- restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any person to access, use or enjoy the Services, or create an unusually large burden on our networks, or otherwise generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve information, or to use the Services in an abusive manner in connection with any unlimited packages, options or promotions;
- disrupt restrict, inhibit, or impede our ability to monitor or deliver the Services, any transmissions or data;
- interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to or from any Internet user, host, provider or network, including, without limitation, denying service attacks, overloading a service, improperly seizing or abusing operator privileges (“hacking”), or attempting to “crash” a host;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, a Tread representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the platform or reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the platform’s administration display
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Services; or
Unlawful or Inappropriate Content
Tread reserves the right to move, remove or refuse to transmit any content, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, decides are unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of the Terms or this AUP. This includes, without limitation:
- obscene, profane, pornographic content;
- material that may be harmful to minors;
- defamatory, fraudulent or deceptive statements;
- threatening, intimidating, abusive or harassing statements;
- content that violates the privacy rights or intellectual property rights of others;
- Malicious material or code (e.g., viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information);
- content that unlawfully promotes or incites hatred including but not limited to hate-related or violent material, and/or material advocating discrimination against individuals or groups;;
- content that is otherwise offensive or objectionable, or
- any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
For purposes of this AUP, “content” refers to all forms of communications including, without limitation, text, graphics (including uploaded photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos) schedules, assignments, and records.
As set out above, you are responsible for any misuse of the Services, by you or by any other person with access to the Services that you operate or your account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to the Services through any means. The Services may not be used to breach the security of another user or to attempt to gain access to any other person’s equipment, software or data, without the knowledge and consent of such person. Additionally, the Services may not be used in any attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account, including, without limitation, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of an account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other accounts. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools, is prohibited. The transmission or dissemination of any information or software that contains a virus or other harmful feature is also prohibited. You are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect to the Services, including any data stored on that device. You agree to treat as confidential all access codes, personal identification numbers and/or other passwords that we may provide to you for use with the Services.
Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitations
Your use of the Services may be subject to a usage limit, as set out in your Service Agreement. If you exceed that limit, you may be subject to additional usage charges. See your Agreement for any usage allowance for your Services.
We reserve the right to manage our Services in order to optimize their efficiency for the benefit of our customers, we may take any other action we deem appropriate in order to help ensure the integrity of the experience for all of our customers.
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any content that is transmitted using the Services ; and to access or preserve content or information so monitored. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action. However, if the Services are used in a way that we, in our sole discretion, believe violates this AUP, we may take any responsive actions we deem appropriate. Such actions may include, without limitation, temporary or permanent removal of content, filtering of Internet transmissions, informing appropriate government and law enforcement authorities, and/or the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of the Services or your account. We will have no liability for any such responsive actions. The above-described actions are not exclusive remedies and we may take any other legal or technical action deemed appropriate. Upon termination of an account, we are authorized to delete any files, programs, data and e-mail messages associated with such account. The failure to enforce this AUP, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time. If any portion of this AUP is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. This AUP shall be exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Get Started with Tread
Book your free demo today and find out how Tread can help you drive results while saving time & money.