How Tread makes heavy equipment tracking faster and easier
What our customers say
Tread works perfectly for us, the onboarding went seamlessly. Even with a fleet that only speaks Spanish we were able to communicate how to use it in a few individualized sessions.
Our customers and hired trucks feel confident using this platform, not only to help strengthen their relationship with Tomlinson, but to embrace the tools Tread has to offer.
With the excellent customer support and responsiveness to feedback, Tread staff has made our experience using Tread very enjoyable.
Having worked with bulky hardware solutions in the past, we knew there was a better fully-digital way to get results – Tread became the ideal partner for us to achieve this goal.
Their truck management software and one-on-one support demonstrate that they are just as dedicated as we are to meeting our customers’ unique needs.
Before using TREAD, dispatching was like a puzzle… Now we save about two hours a day and can make adjustments to our fleet easily.
Tread actually has been able to facilitate from 20,000 text messages a month to one click. Send it to everybody, that is priceless. It has been more productive for all of us involved.
Tread is really good. They train my drivers in my language in Punjabi, as well. My drivers really like their apps. They know where they’re going and exactly what time they’ll reach the job site.
How Tread’s dump truck tracking software works
Any dump truck with a driver can be tracked. Tread uses GPS tracking, cellular networks, and geofencing technology to track heavy equipment fleet vehicles with no GPS tracking hardware necessary.
Dump truck drivers simply install the Tread app on their mobile device or tablets, which begins tracking right away. They can then enable GPS tracking at the beginning of their shift, and disable tracking at the end of their shift for privacy and peace of mind. As dispatchers, once the Tread app has been installed, you can begin dispatching and scheduling your fleet immediately.
GPS tracking for dump trucks maximizes efficiency and saves you money
- Our software provides valuable data and reporting to help you understand where inefficiencies lie.
- Get insights for previous jobs and make data-backed decisions for future ones, including driver and vehicle efficiency.
- Track material quantities dispatched vs. delivered more clearly to see progress and performance metrics.
Improve communications with clients
- Communicate instantly with clients, saving time on phone calls or text messaging.
- Establish unique permission settings for each client to only allow sharing of relevant information.
- Give clients real-time access and visibility into trucks on their jobs, improving relationships and trust.
- Projects can be grouped by specific client for easy and accurate billing and invoicing.
- Our software also helps generate more accurate quotes for clients by viewing past utilization, movement targets, and project data.
- Track and compare materials moved, budgets, and timelines for past projects to improve targeting accuracy.
Make better deployment decisions
- Identify under or over-utilized vehicles to ensure all dump trucks are being used to their full potential.
- Drill down to specific drivers or other details to quickly find insights and outliers.
- Track load delivery to identify project completion.
Get real-time visibility for dump trucks
- All drivers and hired dump trucks appear on a “live map” showing the real-time location of the truck.
- Provide clients access to specific projects and share live tracking maps with them.
- See driver geo-uptime and acceptance, logging, and completion rates.
- Tread’s heavy equipment tracking solutions not only help owners better manage their dump trucks, but internal and subcontractor drivers, too.
- Fleet owners can assess project productivity, track cycles, tickets and hours logged, and compare driver data against fleet averages.
- Owners can audit entries, exits, and time on job sites, and show cycles for each logging driver on a timeline to easily identify outliers and make business decisions accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ-heavy equipment tracking software
Tread’s construction equipment tracking software specifically serves dump trucks with drivers and similar hauling trucks. The equipment must have a driver in order for the Tread app to be installed on their smartphone and begin GPS tracking.
All data is stored on Amazon Web Services, a cloud computing platform using multi-availability zones. Data and traffic to and from the Tread app is encrypted via SSL, and we use proprietary tools to keep your information safe, such as AWS Web Application Firewall to detect unauthorized use or potential breaches. You can also control permissions and customize which data fields are shared with drivers, site supers, clients, and partners.
As long as the equipment has a driver with the Tread app, Tread can track the vehicle, including sub-contracted equipment. Distinctions can then be made within the app to separate internal and subcontracted trucks. This allows for more efficient communication without having to wait for subcontractors to forward requests. Subcontractors can also maintain visibility into their equipment while giving clients more access.
Tread’s heavy equipment tracking does not require hardware installation. It is a software as a service (SaaS) and therefore can be installed on most Android or iOS smartphones or tablets to begin scheduling, tracking, and dispatching. If a driver does not own a smartphone, Tread offers a “text-to-accept” feature for dispatchers to send job details to drivers via SMS.
With Tread’s construction equipment tracking software, drivers can quickly and easily accept or reject jobs, get real-time job updates, and save time on communication with dispatchers—all without any cost to them.
Drivers can have the peace of mind that they will not miss jobs or calls, have more control over their assignments, and can seamlessly switch between jobs when cross hauling. Hours and time logged are more accurate, eliminating the need for data entry by drivers and increasing billing and pay check accuracy. Tread also offers English and Spanish in-app support, 24/7.