Field Operations Manager
Tread helps truck drivers and dispatchers all over North America communicate with clarity and efficiency. Using our platform, clients are able to see where their drivers are, who needs help, what plants are the least efficient, and optimize accordingly. Though we are a dispatch platform first, our data is unique in the ConTech space and is helping construction companies understand where they need to improve to make themselves and their drivers more money.
Our team is small, but we’re quickly growing. We look for highly motivated individuals who are eager to see the impact of their work day-to-day. Our team comes from very different backgrounds: deep-tech, fleet logistics, entrepreneurship, f500’s. What brings us all together is a desire to make a lasting impact on a substantial industry and help small business owners thrive during this transition to technology.
Because we are a small company, you should know that our growth will at times outpace the size of our team, meaning extra hours or odd hours of work will happen. That said, our team is made up of people with kids, pets, and hobbies, so we understand that flexibility is important. This is why we trust our employees to set their own hours as long as the job gets done. If this means that coming in at 7 am works better for you, or leaving early but coming online again after the kids are in bed, we’ll do our best to accommodate.
What you’ll do
The Field Operations Manager’s job is to organize and maximize the onboarding success of our new and existing clients. This person will work with our team to maximize the number of trucks on the road properly using tread, sub-contracted companies properly using the technology, and help generate interest and sales leads in new geographical markets.
- Design training programs, including producing best-practices onboarding checklists, and determine what standard-issue marketing and tools are to be distributed at these sessions
- Drive client Tread compliance mandate among Tread subcontractors. Ensure that all sub-contracted companies know how to forward and respond to job requests using the app.
- Upsell to subcontractors enabling them to use Tread on jobs outside of our current client relationships.
- Map networks of relationships between contractors and subcontractors in different construction ecosystems to assist sales in their new client acquisition efforts
- Have a G driver's licence and a valid passport. We service areas that are outside of Uber’s reach! Candidate must be available for travel, sometimes for long periods of time and sometimes on short notice. Travel will mostly happen accompanied by other team members from the Customer Success, Sales and Operations teams. Prior to an offer being made, we ask for a drivers abstract showing a good driving record.
- Be comfortable with up to 50% international and domestic travel.
- Support Customer Success department as a backup Customer Success resource when Customer Success lead is sick, on vacation, or is otherwise short on bandwidth
Who we’re looking for
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is able to leverage both relationships and data to achieve operational goals
- 4+ years experience working in one or more of the following roles:
- Operations, Customer Success or Service Execution
- Account Executive or Business Development
- Fleet Management
- Preference for previous experience from one of the following industries or disciplines: Tech, Finance, Consulting, Engineering or Construction
You'll get to
- Have a huge impact on a growing company.
- Be a community educator: people will look to you for guidance and help.
- Be yourself: we value your unique experiences and hobbies.
- Onboard drivers around North America.
- Learn about an industry that accounts for 14% of global GDP.
- Grow into new roles as the company expands and evolves. We invest in personal development and want to see our employees learn and evolve as we do.
- Work downtown Toronto with access to transit.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.